The Photomate mobile app makes it fast and easy to take photos of your inventory. Your customers can see these photos online, and your salespeople can see these photos in Checkmate!
Photomate is completely integrated with Checkmate - with a little help from you, your team instantly receives assignments in Photomate for parts that need photos, and helps them take the photos with their phones. The photos are attached to your inventory in Checkmate, and included in your online part listings. Including photos in your part listings helps you make your parts more attractive to online customers, who really value product images when shopping.
Photomate is user-friendly, simple to learn and use, and has features to make choosing, locating, and taking photos of parts easy and efficient. Keep reading for more information on Photomate's useful features:
In Photomate, each user has parts assigned to them to have pictures taken, like a "to do" list. These assignments are sent straight from Checkmate, so you are in control of which pieces of inventory are assigned to have photos taken.
Photomate creates "to do" lists of parts for your team to take photos of. These assignments are sent straight from Checkmate, so you can easily find and identify the parts that most need photos. Your team then knows exactly which photos to take.
In Checkmate, you search for parts like normal. On the Parts tab, just select the parts and click the new Photomate button to send these parts to Photomate to have pictures taken. You can assign these parts to any team member, and you can include notes if you need to communicate any additional information.
You can assign these parts to any team member, and you can even include notes if you need to communicate any additional information.
This assignment is instantly available in Photomate. You get to choose which pieces of your inventory are most in need of photos, and your employees instantly get an assignment list in Photomate requesting pictures for specific parts. When your employees are taking photos in your warehouse or in your yard, there is no confusion about which parts have or need photos.
You can easily scan parts to Photomate using the app's scanner by hovering your phone over the part tag, or typing in the tag number. After scanning the part into Photomate, the part will be added to the Scanned Parts list.
- In the Photomate app, you have a "to do" list of all of the parts that have been assigned specifically to you for photos. This is called My Parts.
- In the Scanned Parts list, you will find all of the parts that you have scanned into Photomate.
- You can also access the parts assigned to anyone else. The All Parts list includes all parts that have been assigned to Photomate, to any user. If one team member is sick, someone else can pick up their assignments.
- A search box at the top of the list allows you to filter the part list. You can filter your list by many different inventory details, like part type, location, stock number, assignee, year, or model.
- Each part assignment includes Inventory Details to help you easily find parts, like location, tag number, stock number, and part description.
- Any Task Comments that were included when the part was assigned in Checkmate can be easily seen before photos are taken.
After selecting a part to work on, Photomate makes it easy to take photos!
- Use your finger to navigate through Photomate until you have reached the image capture screen.
- Easily access your phone's camera by tapping the camera icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Take photos like you normally do with your phone. Take as many photos as you want of each part!
- Select pre-existing photos from your phone gallery by tapping the menu icon in the top right-hand corner, and selecting the Gallery option.
- Match the part and tag information on the photo screen with the part, to confirm that you're working with the correct piece of inventory.
- Mark your photos as Private (transferred to Checkmate only), or as Primary (the thumbnail for online listings) after taking the images of that part.
After you're done taking your photos, you can easily transfer the photos to Checkmate with a single tap. Just tap the green check mark, and your images will be sent to Checkmate. In Checkmate, they will be available for your team to see, and they will also be included in your next inventory upload to online part listings. Remember, Photomate can transfer photos to Checkmate with Wi-Fi or without Wi-Fi!* So you can transfer images to Checkmate even if you are far out in the yard.
*If you are not using Wi-Fi, your device's standard data charges will apply.
With easy navigation and an efficient method of taking photos, Photomate is a powerful and convenient tool that fits right in your pocket! This mobile app lets you decide which parts of your inventory need photos, and who to assign them to. You can ensure that your photos display the way you want in online listings, and make your parts appealing to online customers. Let Photomate help you help your customers feel more comfortable as they browse and shop online for car parts. For more information, contact your Photomate sales rep, or contact our main office at 859-344-1925.
Questions about our products?
Call Car-Part at (859) 344-1925. You can also reach us via email for sales assistance or general information.